Thursday, September 15, 2005

MIXMANIA

So I picked up this one blog a bit back, Patriside

He runs this thing called MIXMANIA - where essentially a theme is chosen and everyone makes a mixtape(CD) based on the theme with which you are free to interpret. So alas the time has come to post our song lists. Whoever received my CD, I hope you found some long time favorites on there and I also hope I introduced you to something new that perhaps you liked. Enough with the chit chat. THE GRAND UNVEILING!

August Mixmania - theme = Driving

Name Taken - Drive Drive Drive - The title speaks volumes
Steppenwolf - Magic Carpet Ride - A fun take on transportation dont you think? Itd be so sweet to drive a Magic Carpet
Deftones - Passenger - This song is just awesome and powerful. Maynard is the guest on this track(lead singer of Tool and A Perfect Circle)
ACDC - Highway To Hell - Classic squelching rock tune
Bob Seger - Night Moves - This song just reminds me of driving. I hear it almost every time I drive to school or back from school, kinda weird
Death Cab for Cutie - Title and Registration - I just thought this song title was a neat take on the theme
Queen - Bicycle Race - Queen is just great, and this song was the closest thing to driving hah not to mention fun to sing along to
The Get Up Kids - Mass Pike - This song refers to the massachusettes turnpike, its sadder in usual Get Up Kids style but one of my favs
Bloc Party - Price of Gas - How can you talk about driving without the familiar cringe of gas prices?
Beatles - Drive My Car - beep beep beep beep YEAH!
John Mellencamp - Jack and Diane - If you dont sing along to this...you are not living
Love as Laughter - Dirty Lives - Another fun song by a relatively unknown band
Modest Mouse - Black Cadillacs - Modest Mouse is my favorite band and something had to go on here and what better song for a driving mix than that with Cadillacs in the title
Stealers Wheel - Stuck In The Middle With You - Another sing along, I was trying to balance songs entirely related to driving with classics to sing to
Eisley - Brightly Wound - I just threw this in there for something different and a beautiful song at that
Eagles - Hotel California - Again if you dont sing along to this youve been missing out man
The Playmates - Beep Beep - This song used to crack me up when I was younger, I just put it on there for fun and hope my Mixmania victim, receiver, hopefully friend, got a good chuckle